I liked the learning experience at KIC (now Inspirus) a lot. The tutors were good and very patient if I had difficulty with a topic. It was very nice to see that despite the time difference and lack of in person time together, KIC (now Inspirus) was still very committed keep having classes and doing practice tests. It was definitely difficult at times due to the time differences, busy schedules, and high expectations. But, the experience was still overall good and I appreciate the high level of effort put in by KIC (now Inspirus)
Our ACT® Program Snapshot
- Faculty with Specialization in Test Preparation
- Personal Counselor to Monitor Student Performance
- Classroom Contact with Faculty
- Unlimited Doubt Solving Sessions
- Result Oriented Program, not a time bound approach
- Personalized Study Plan for every student (as per test results)
- Progress Report Card for every student
EXHAUSTIVE STUDY MATERIAL
- Mind Maps (Comprehensive Verbal and Math Concepts)
- Unlimited Access to Library which has the latest ACT test prep materials
- Internal Tests with Analysis (Quant & Verbal)
- 20 Full Length Practice Tests to simulate the real test experience
- Recorded sessions for revision
- At your convenience at any of our centers
- Go at your own pace
About the ACT®
The ACT® (American College Testing Assessment) is paper based standardized test which can be given instead of the SAT® for admission in the United States for undergraduate studies. The ACT® is based on the curriculum studied in high school.
The ACT® is 3 hours and 30 minutes long and tests the student in four subject areas: English, Reading, Math, Science Reasoning, Writing (optional). In India, the ACT® is conducted 5 times a year in February, April, June, October and December. Scoring for the ACT® is on a scale of 1-36 and includes 215 multiple choice questions on the subject areas.
Registration for the ACT® requires a valid passport, an exam fee of US $33 (without writing) or US $ 48 (with writing). Registration can be done on: www.actstudent.org
- English: It is a 45-minute section with 75 questions. The English section includes five passages that are followed by multiple-choice questions. The test measures grammar usage, sentence structure, punctuation and overall correct use of English language.
- Math:It is a 60-minute section with 60 questions. In this section, students are tested in basic arithmetic, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, etc through multiple-choice questions that require you to use reasoning skills to solve practical problems in mathematics. You are allowed to use certain calculators on the test.
- Reading: It is a 35-minute section with 40 questions. It includes four passages on topics like the natural and social sciences, psychology, history, etc. These passages are followed by multiple-choice question that measure the complementary and supportive skills that readers must use in studying written materials across a range of subject areas. The section measures the test taker’s ability to understand what is directly stated and decipher statements with implied meanings.
- Science: It is a 35-minute section with 40 questions. The section includes seven passages containing questions on data presentation. It also includes experimental studies and their results, and different theories or hypotheses relating to specific scientific concepts. The test measures the skills required in the natural sciences: interpretation, analysis, evaluation, reasoning, and problem solving.
- Writing (optional): It is a 30 minute section that consists of a writing prompt that briefly states an issue and describes two points of view on that issue.You are asked to respond to a question about your position on the issue described in the writing prompt. In doing so, you may adopt one or the other of the perspectives described in the prompt, or you may present a different point of view on the issue.The section measures your writing and analytical abilities.
To check where the ACT® is administered in your city, visit the official search page.
For further information visit: http://www.actstudent.org
ACT® is a registered trademark of ACT, Inc.